Aubrey Law Military Divorce Attorney | Winter Park
Divorce Services for Orlando Service members and Retirees
Military professions put a lot of stress on family life. When divorce happens, there are specific procedures to follow. Military divorce involves the typical divorce factors: asset division, child custody, alimony, and child support. However, there are other factors that apply to military divorces. Every year, There are 3.1 divorces out of 1,000 military marriages. This is roughly the same rate as the civilian divorce rate. That is where similarities between military and civilian divorces end. Contact one of Aubrey Law’s experienced Orlando military divorce attorneys today.
To understand your case, we need to ask specific questions pertaining to military divorces. These though are not limited to, the following:
- What state will the divorce be filed in? Military families tend to move around quite a bit.
- The city and state where the service member is stationed. This will be the location to file the divorce
- How will deployment affect the timesharing plan?
- Proper notice must be provided to the military spouse when they are overseas, via the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Should child support or spousal support be paid for with active-duty pay or off-duty pay?
- Will the children’s health care benefits be paid for by the service member?
- Is the non-servicemember spouse eligible for military retirement benefits?
Can I file for divorce in Florida while my spouse is stationed with the military in another country?
Attorneys Who Care About Resolving Matters with Compassion
Many soldiers suffer from negative psychological problems. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injuries to depression, anxiety, and substance abuse cause many issues. Miltary men are the victims of a demanding profession. They work under the most intense conditions imaginable. At Aubrey Law, we help spouses and service members settle divorces peacefully. We always prioritize the interests of the children over the spouses. Similarly, we understand the demands of the military. At Aubrey Law, we strive to help our military clients gain custody and visitation rights. Our military divorce attorneys will help you in your case.
Retirement Benefits for Non-Servicemember Spouses
The spouses of service members may be entitled to retirement benefits. These are paid directly to them via the government if they meet certain criteria:
- They were married to a servicemember for 10 years or more
- Their spouse was in the military for at least 10 years of your marriage.
Even if these criteria are not met, you may be eligible for retirement benefits, paid to you via your servicemember spouse.
Contact Professional Orlando Military Divorce Attorney at Aubrey Law
Typically, military divorce cases are more complicated than civilian divorces. An attorney is still necessary even if both parties are willing to work through a collaborative divorce. Also regardless of if they want to end on good terms. The military divorce attorneys of Aubrey Law are knowledgeable in all areas of both military and civilian divorce cases.
Struggling with miltary divorce? If you are seeking legal representation contact Aubrey Law, Attorneys and Counselors at Law. Our attorneys handle every legal representation from family law to elder law. Call us at (407) 647-7887 or send us a send us a message. Visit Aubrey Law’s Office. Aubrey Law serves Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Maitland, Orlando, Oviedo, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Winter Springs and surrounding areas.