Orlando Family Attorney
Orlando Divorce 407.645.3297

What is the first thing that I should do if I am served with a summons and complaint in Florida?


If you’re served with a petition for a divorce in Florida or a petition to modify any papers that you’re served with, the most important thing is to take a deep breath, relax, read through them and know what they say. You need to take time to make a good decision for your next step because your next step may determine the rest of your life. How you select an attorney and how you respond to a summons or a complaint or a petition is very important. Select an attorney you trust, interview several attorneys until you find one that you feel comfortable with.

Sperling Ducker serves Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Ocoee, Orlando, Oviedo, Sanford, St Cloud, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Winter Springs as well as Orange County, Osceola County and Seminole County, Florida.
Sperling Ducker PLC
2020 Crosby Way
Winter Park, FL 32792
200 E. Robinson St.
Suite #1500
Orlando, FL 32801
P: 407.645.3297 F: 407.645.3298