Aubrey Law

What documents should I have in my estate plan that will help me plan for long-term care?


In most estate plans you would want a Last Will and Testament. You would probably prefer to have a durable power of attorney in order to avoid the expense of a guardianship proceeding. Certainly a pre-need guardianship is one simple document that can save excess costs later on. A health care surrogate and a Living Will are also important documents. For Medicaid planning or long-term nursing home care planning, having the proper Trust, whether it’s a Qualified Income Trust or a Special Needs Trust, those documents can be very helpful. Please seek an attorney who understands Medicaid planning and Elder Law when you have these questions.

The Center for Professional Leadership - Attorneys
Aubrey Law serves Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Ocoee, Orlando, Oviedo, Sanford, St Cloud, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Winter Springs as well as Orange County, Osceola County and Seminole County, Florida.