Orlando Family Attorney
Orlando Divorce 407.645.3297

My parents live with me. Can they use their money to help pay for some of the expenses?


It’s important when you’re sharing your home with other family members that you have a clear understanding of who’s responsible for what costs and how debts will be paid. Certainly when parents go to live with their children, their increase cost to the household and the parents should be responsible for those costs. It is important, especially where there are other family members that are not in the home or that are not involved in the decision making so that after the fact it’s clear what occurred and how the decision was made and what bills should be paid by whom.

Sperling Ducker serves Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Ocoee, Orlando, Oviedo, Sanford, St Cloud, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Winter Springs as well as Orange County, Osceola County and Seminole County, Florida.
Sperling Ducker PLC
2020 Crosby Way
Winter Park, FL 32792
200 E. Robinson St.
Suite #1500
Orlando, FL 32801
P: 407.645.3297 F: 407.645.3298