Aubrey Law

How is a guardian appointed?


A guardian can be appointed by the court when they find that a ward lacks the capacity to act on their own behalf. This is done with the filing of a petition to determine incompetence and the petition to appoint a guardian. There are 2 separate cases. Once the court finds a person to be incompetent the court must appoint a guardian to act on their behalf.

The Center for Professional Leadership - Attorneys
Aubrey Law serves Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Ocoee, Orlando, Oviedo, Sanford, St Cloud, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Winter Springs as well as Orange County, Osceola County and Seminole County, Florida.