Orlando Family Attorney
Orlando Divorce 407.645.3297
Orlando Family & Divorce Attorney > Family Attorney | Orlando > Divorce Modification & Visitation Attorney | Orlando

Divorce Modification & Visitation Attorney | Orlando

Do I have to share my pension after my Florida divorce?

Is the collaborative process better for my children?

My spouse and I are in agreement and just want an attorney to make our agreements legal. Can the attorney do that?

What is the role of a neutral financial specialist in a collaborative divorce?

Providing Assistance for Divorce Decrees, Modifications, Visitation, and Relocation

Were you denied child custody or visitation after a divorce? Did the initial court decision allow the non custodial parent to get off without having to pay child support, or with paying almost nothing in child support? Many of the decisions made during divorce do not have to be set in stone. The Orlando family lawyers with Sperling Ducker PLC not only provide legal assistance with the initial divorce decree, child support order, visitation, and child custody decision, but we also assist clients who wish to make a modification in regards to visitation, relocation, and other child support or child custody matters. Contact us today about our flat-rate consultations.

Modifying a Court Order is Not Impossible

In order for the court to reverse or modify a decision that was made during divorce or during a custody hearing, you need to show that there has been a change in circumstances. According to Florida statute 61.30, there needs to be a “substantial change of circumstances for purposes of modifying the child support award.” The same goes for a child custody or visitation order as well. If you can show that there is a substantial change in circumstances and that the modification that you seek is in the child’s best interests, the court may agree to make said modification. Examples of a substantial change include:

  • Change in living situation;
  • Loss of a job;
  • Increase in income;
  • Disability or injury to a parent; and
  • Increase in child’s expenses.

Your Visitation Rights

Children who grow up with only a mother or only a father in their lives are at a great developmental disadvantage, according to research. Non custodial visitation is an important part of your child’s life. For parents who were denied custody, through visitation they can still have a positive impact on their child’s well being, and can continue to strengthen their bond with their child.

Relocation or Moving Away Requires Court Approval

In order for a custodial parent to move away or relocate, they must obtain approval from the court. Furthermore, the move must be in the best interest of the child. For example, if a mother wishes to move to another state because of a good job opportunity that will allow her to better provide for her child, the court may agree that such a move is in the best interest of the child. Whether you wish to relocate or you wish to keep a custodial parent from moving away with your child, you need to talk with an attorney.

Reach Out to an Experienced Orlando Divorce Modification & Visitation Attorney

As circumstances change, court orders should change to reflect reality. Our Orlando lawyers at Sperling Ducker PLC assist clients with modifications, and also provide legal counsel to parents regarding visitation and relocation. Please pick up the phone to call us today for help.

Struggling with child custody or a divorce? Not sure how to plan for you or a loved one’s elder care? If you are seeking legal representation contact Sperling Ducker PLC, Attorneys and Counselors at Law. Call us at 407-645-3297 or send us a send us a message. Visit our Winter Park and Orlando office. Sperling Ducker serves Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Maitland, Orlando, Oviedo, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Winter Springs and surrounding areas.

Share This Page:
Sperling Ducker serves Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Ocoee, Orlando, Oviedo, Sanford, St Cloud, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park and Winter Springs as well as Orange County, Osceola County and Seminole County, Florida.
Sperling Ducker PLC
2020 Crosby Way
Winter Park, FL 32792
200 E. Robinson St.
Suite #1500
Orlando, FL 32801
P: 407.645.3297 F: 407.645.3298